Are you looking to start your fertility journey? We are offering FREE 15 minute chats with our specialist doctors at Concept Fertility Clinic. Ask all of your initial questions and find out how we can help you start your family or preserve your fertility.
Call us on 020 33 88 3000 to book your free consultation and mention the SW18 website.
Claire Rudd ● 110d0 Comments ● 110d
Are all the links between Abertillery double child killer Harold Jones and other unsolved murders just coincidences?
Here are the facts.
(1) Just before Jones was released from prison he repeatedly informed the prison authorities that he did not want to lose the desire to kill. That was the same desire that he admitted that he had in 1921 as a 15 year-old boy.
(2) The governor of Maidstone prison from where Jones was eventually released stated in a report: "He is callous but would be the last to admit it. Sad as it may seem I can see no hopeful prospect for Jones in the future." The prison chaplain also reported that he felt Jones was a "no-hoper."
Professor Mike Berry, (Consultant Clinical Forensic Psychologist.) visited Abertillery and a number of London locations during the filming of Dark Son - The Hunt for a Serial Killer over a 12 month period. His conclusion was that Harold Jones was the Hammersmith killer. (8 unsolved London murders that were the largest unsolved murders in British criminal history.) He stated that he believed after reviewing all the evidence that Jones after leaving prison had killed again and again,
(3) Jones had lived 2 streets away from 3 of the 8 women murder victims in Fulham and Hammersmith as well as 50-100 yards away from murder victim Ignac Ulycz in Putney. The police in the 1960's were not aware of Jones' past and he was never a suspect in any of the murders until after 2008.
(4) Jones' own daughter has stated that her father would leave her and her mother at home at the times of the killings and book into Rowton House, a doss-house in Hammersmith whenever her parents would have a row. The daughter stated that she now believes her father would do this in fear that he may kill his wife in temper. Jones' own son-in-law stated that "There's no smoke without fire is there?"
(5) One woman prostitute told the police that she had got into a punter's car with a man who showed her a London Metropolitan Police warrant card. She panicked and quickly exited the car. The man offered her some cash. Was the man Harold Jones using his father-in-laws police warrant card. (His father-in-law John Widdows was a retired London Metropolitan police officer.) The woman some time later became the 7th of the 8 murdered women.
(6) Harold Jones stored the bodies of Abertillery murder victims Freda Burnell and Florence Little in Abertillery until it was convenient to dispose of their bodies. At least 4 of the Hammersmith victims were stored before being dumped at various London locations.
(7) All Hammersmith victims were demure and childlike in stature.
(8) Harold Jones had an oral fixation at the time of the Abertillery child murders. It is recorded by his then 13 year-old girlfriend Selina Mortimer that Jones had asked her to spit in his mouth. The Hammersmith killer also had an oral fixation by removing the teeth or dentures of his victims.
(9) At least 4 of the Hammersmith victims had been stored (in an electricity sub-station on the Heron Trading Estate Acton) before being dumped at various London locations. Jones' daughter has stated that her father had worked as a sheet metal worker in Acton but wasn't aware of where in Acton. This is something only the police would be able to ascertain.
(10) After Harold Jones was jailed for the murder of Florence Little he bragged about his ability to outfox the police during the earlier inquiry into the murder of Freda Burnell. He said: "The arrival of the men from Scotland Yard fascinated me. I had only read of Scotland Yard men before. Now I saw them in the flesh - and I beat them." I am convinced that Harold Jones went to his grave in 1971 knowing that he had beaten them again.
I am in contact with adult children of 5 of the 8 Hammersmith murder victims. Learning of the deaths of their mother's has had an incredibly negative impact on them. They all feel cheated that it seems as though the police have no appetite for reviewing the case.
I am also in contact with the families of 2 men that have been wrongly named as the killer. (Mungo Ireland and former world light-heavyweight boxer Freddie Mills.) They are also distraught that their fathers' good reputation has not been restored. Freddie Mills' daughter Amanda told me that owing to the stigma regarding her father that she hasn't told her teenage son that his father was a famous world champion boxer.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON.
Neil Milkins ● 151d0 Comments ● 151d
Hi everyone! Have recently moved to the area and am looking for reliable & reasonable plumber/electrician/plasterer. Does anyone have any good personal recommendations? Thanks
Xavier White de Groote ● 318d0 Comments ● 318d
The closure of Old York Road to traffic has been a brilliant success in my view but I was disappointed to learn that it is only going to continue until the end of this month. The need for social distancing is going to continue at it is much safer for people to be outside than inside and I know lots of older people in particular are going to be discourage about eating at cafes and restaurants if they have to go inside.
Emily Baxter ● 844d1 Comments ● 367d
Although it is obviously a great feat of engineering it seems to me that the Sky Pool in Embassy Gardens is going to be a curse for these developments in Nine Elms. People walking past it are literally being looked down on by the privileged. Londoners generally are not ostentatious and don't like to flaunt their wealth so it is not a surprise to see that these flats are not being snapped up and most of the buyers are overseas investors.
Barry Elms ● 367d0 Comments ● 367d
UNLESS you opt out by deadline 23rd June
using this link:
https://www.civicmc.nhs.uk/files/2021/05/Opt-out-Form.pdf all GP
medical records in England (?& Wales) will be uploaded on 1st July
to NHS Digital's database.
" 'Biggest data grab' in NHS history stuffs GP records into a central store for 'research' – and the time to opt out is now.
The 55 million citizens of England will need to opt out of the involuntary scheme before it is introduced to prevent the entire history of their GP visits being slurped, campaigners told us. Opt-out forms are here [.docx]. We understand you will need to give this form to your GP practice before 23 June or your data held by your GP joins the central repository."
Una-Jane Winfield ● 543d0 Comments ● 543d
Both Putney and Fulham like many over other London's suburbs owe their existence to the mighty River Thames.
In this fascinating walk Blue Badge Tour Guide Chris Van Hayden will share the rich history of both villages, from the Medieval period to the present. The tour's main themes are Rowing on the Thames, the English Civil Wars, Putney's links to Mary Wollstonecraft, Granville Sharp and the cause for the Abolition of Slavery, the Bishops' palace and more....
Meeting on the corner of Festing Rd and Putney Embankment SW15 1LB, 5-10 minutes before tour starts. Duration approx. 2 hrs
Eventbrite booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/152421624181
To get updates about my tours, walks, blog and more please follow:
Website: www.chrisvanhaydentours.uk Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chrisvanhaydentours Instagram - #chrisvanhaydentours
chris hayden ● 562d0 Comments ● 562d
I am writing to let you know about a new initiative in Wandworth. If you are heading to SouthSide Shopping Centre you will notice that the old Debenhams department store has opened up to a project, Rainbow Rising. Inside you will find a number of new initiatives including charities, social enterprises and educational projects like us along with other community groups who are working hard to bring the heart back into the centre of Wandsworth.
In partnership with Oasis (a recognised charity in SW London supporting people living with HIV) and South Thames College we are proud to announce a FREE project for young unemployed adults looking to train in upholstery and to pick up a start up a business qualification. It's called 'Start Upholstery' and you can find out more details by emailing email@example.com.
Its not too late to join the 25 week programme which is FREE if you are a UK resident and currently unemployed. The course takes place every Tuesday from 9.30am to 3.30pm and is located within the old Debenhams building in SouthSide Shopping Centre.
Please get in touch to find out more.
Alex Watson ● 718d0 Comments ● 718d
I think a lot of people have been insulted and outraged by Iffeys posting and like me have tried to engage in DEBATE with him.I would like to point out that it is very likely we are wasting our time trying to enter into any kind of dialogue with him.If you examine his web site you will find that all his postings look like they have been cut and pasted from there.So what may look like a reply from him, is purely a well worn paragraph or two that has likely been posted to countless other web sites.This man Knows his ideas will not stand the test of intelligent debate, so dare not enter into one.We are better off talking about him between ourselves, rather than to him.I don't believe he even reads the replies to his rantings.He is like a spoiled child who will not listen to reason cos that would mean he would have to give up on his unreasonable demands and he won't do that.. EVER... like most Muslims he MUST have his own way.
Carol Ann Jupp ● 5500d3 Comments ● 731d
Wandsworth Heritage Walk. Join me on this fascinating walk and discover how a small village on the road connecting the City of London to the south west of the country became a power house during the industrial revolution. Its flour mills fed the royal husehold since medieval times and the fast flowing Wandle powered iron, copper, and dying mills. This attracted migrants, making the area a hotspot of religious non-conformism, mad hatters and farcical mayoral elections.
To top it off, we will visit the stunning Royal Victoria Patriotic Asylum and the oppressve looking Wandsworth Prison, two distinct masterpieces of Victorian architecture.
Saturday 17th october 2020 at 1430, meeting next to the tower of All Saints Church Wandsworth High Street SW18 1EP.
Walk end at the County Arms pub, where you can join me for a drink. COVID-19 risk-assesment in place. Bookings on Facebook or Eventbrite, alternatively cash on the day accepted.
chris hayden ● 775d0 Comments ● 775d
Join Blue Badge Tourist Guide Chris Van Hayden and discover Wandsworth rich history, its notable buildings, characters, industries, anecdotes and more. Walk starts at All Saints Church in Wandsworth Town Centre and ends at the glorious Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, where you can join me for a drink at Le Gothique Pub & Restaurant. Max group size 10 people to comply with a minimum of 1 metre social distancing rule. Hand sanitiser and face masks provided on request. For booking please visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/638858833402527
chris hayden ● 842d0 Comments ● 842d
My name is Beatrice and I’m the temporary ESOL help Coordinator at Twin Group in Greenwich.
Our company is now delivering FREE ONLINE training for ESOL trainers, teachers or volunteers who haven’t got a formal qualification or need to get a TESOL qualification .
That's a complete FREE online flexible opportunity and suitable source to give you the opportunity to get a teaching qualification on the next few weeks/months funded by the UK Government and Mayor of London.
- London resident or employees in London (any borough)
- No PGCE / QTS or NTS qualification ( CELTA candidates will be accepted though)
- If working, do you earn below the London Living Wage (LLW)/ £10.75 per hour and £20,962.50 per annum (gross figures)?
- When would you be available to start?
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at the email address BFormenton@twinuk.com.
Kind regards and stay safe
Beatrice Formenton ● 844d1 Comments ● 844d
Hi,Can anyone recommend a good handyman for some grouting work I need done in my bathroom?Many thx! Gordon
Gordon Shirley ● 2882d3 Comments ● 850d
I ventured out to the centre of Wandsworth for the first time in month's today. I've been assisting an elderly person in isolation so have been avoiding crowded areas as much as possible and been making do with deliveries and corner shops for supplies. I was a bit taken aback with how much social distancing was being ignored particularly by younger people both on the street and in the Southside Centre. I may be being over cautious but the death rate from Covid-19 remains high and if a second wave has started we won't know until it is too late. The messages from the government seem to have just caused confusion.
Emily Baxter ● 886d0 Comments ● 886d
The time is approaching when I will have to stop working from home and start the daily commute again. Is there anybody using Southern rail services at the moment who could give some travel tips e.g. best times to use the service?
Tony Church ● 900d0 Comments ● 900d
Has anyone in Earlsfield (or elsewhere in Wandsworth) had a door-to-door fishmonger come to their street? I didn’t even know this was a thing until this afternoon when a couple of guys knocked on the door. I presumed they were local but they said they’d driven down from the north that morning. (Either Birmingham or Newcastle, I can’t remember). We bought 5 trays of fish from them and it was really smelly so I then started to worry and began researching online, only to find lots of stories about door-to-door fishmongers being a scam. The guy was very nice and said we could pay by bank transfer, although I now realise his surname wasn’t on the piece of paper he gave us with his company name (which I couldn’t find online or companies house) and bank details on. We cooked the first bit of fish this evening but were both too scared to eat it as it was really fishy, I don’t know if we are just being paranoid so would love to hear other people’s thoughts!
Charlotte Ross ● 1083d1 Comments ● 1075d
This should be something to celebrate: "Rate for Wandsworth schools now well below national average". Unfortunately I have seen national figures which show horrific numbers of children being off-rolled — this means that the schools have not gone through the proper channels to exclude but simply tell children not to come back. Many of these are not in full time, registered education and, therefore, may be hanging around and vulnerable to being recruited into gangs. It would, therefore, be far more helpful if Wandsworth published its official and unofficial exclusion figures.
Jane Eades ● 1155d3 Comments ● 1103d
Yet another strike coming up this week — South Western Railway is in danger a falling to the level of Southern in terms of bad service.
Whilst you can certainly blame the operators of the franchise for the high fares given the huge amounts of money they take out of the network you can't blame them for this disruption. It is perfectly reasonable for them to say that a train should still run even though a guard hasn't turned up. Given the high level of absenteeism among staff this happens all to often. The same trains operate perfectly safely without guards in other parts of the country.
As with Southern the RMT is going to call strike after strike on South Western Railway. They are not representing the working man in doing this as most of the people travelling on the train get paid less than the driver. Why doesn't the government just say that what is being proposed by the operator is legal and safe and ban any strikes on the issue?
Barry Elms ● 1552d22 Comments ● 1116d
Wandsworth Preparatory School would love to invite you and your family to our next Open Morning on Wednesday 13th November from 9am.
You'll have a chance to meet our Headteacher, Bridget Saul, our team of enthusiastic teachers and most importantly our children to give you a true insight for what school life could be like for your child at Wandsworth Prep.
To come along, get in touch with the School Office on 020 8870 4133, email Maria.firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online form here: www.wandsworthprep.com/admissions/visit-us
Charlotte Burton ● 1137d0 Comments ● 1137d