Free lateral flow tests available for people without symptoms
23 pharmacies offering the tests. Picture: Boots
From this Wednesday (31 March) Wandsworth residents wishing to take a coronavirus test can do so at a network of local pharmacies across the borough.
23 pharmacies are now offering lateral flow tests for people aged 18 or over who may need to get tested but are not displaying any symptoms. People included in this category include those attending college or a training course, those who are frontline workers or required to work away from home, those volunteering in support of their community or is a carer.
People included in these categories are advised to be tested twice a week – with tests booked ideally three to four days apart.
Around one in three people who have Covid-19 don’t have any symptoms and can spread it without knowing. Lateral flow testing provides rapid results within around 30 minutes.
The 23 pharmacies offering free lateral flow tests from tomorrow are:
• Aukland Rogers Pharmacy - 892 Garratt Lane, Tooting, SW17 0NB.
• Aura Pharmacy - 78 Inner Park Rd, Southfields, SW19 6DA.
• Barkers Chemist – 223 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7TG.
• Barrons Chemist - 158a Tooting High Street, SW17 0RT.
• Bradbury Chemist - 86 Moyser Road, Tooting, SW16 6SQ.
• Cooks Pharmacy - 6 Replingham Road, Southfields, SW18 5LS.
• Day Lewis Pharmacy - 299-303 Battersea Park Road, SW11 4LX.
• Day Lewis Pharmacy - 123 Lavender Hill, Battersea, SW11 5QL.
• Dumlers Pharmacy - 436-438 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, SW18 4HN.
• Earlsfield Pharmacy - 607-609, Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, SW18 4SU.
• East Chemist - 16 Roehampton High Street, SW15 4HJ
• Fairoak Pharmacy - 270 Mitcham Lane, Tooting, SW16 6NU.
• Healthchem - 4-5 Station Parade, Balham High Road, SW12 9AZ
• Husbands Pharmacy - 124 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, SW15 2SP.
• Krystal Pharmacy - Battersea Park Road, SW11 3BP.
• Lords Pharmacy - 98 Tooting High Street, SW17 0RR.
• Northcote Pharmacy - 130 Northcote Road, Battersea, SW11 6QZ.
• Pearl Chemist -159 Mitcham Road, Tooting, SW17 9PG.
• Pharmalite - 296 Cavendish Road, Balham, SW12 0PL.
• Putney Pharmacy - 278 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, SW15 6TQ.
• Tooting Pharmacy - 175 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7TJ.
• Wandsworth Pharmacy - 96 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth SW18 4DH.
• W J Boyes Chemist - 61 Balham Hill, London SW12 9DR.
The previously used lateral flow test centre at the Wandsworth Civic Suite is now ceasing operations. Residents over 18 should instead get tested at one of the above pharmacies.
Anyone wishing to have a test needs to book an appointment. These can be booked up to seven days ahead and are usually available from the next day. Bookings can be made via the council’s website.
Results are delivered via text message and/or email using the contact details recorded at the registration or check-in process. The results will be communicated on the same day.
If you receive a negative test result you do not need to self-isolate, unless you are symptomatic or otherwise indicated by the Stay at Home Guidance available on GOV.UK.
If you receive a positive test result you must self-isolate immediately and follow the guidance from NHS Test & Trace.
Like Reading Articles Like This? Help Us Produce More
This site remains committed to providing local community news and public interest journalism.
Articles such as the one above are integral to what we do. We aim to feature as much as possible on local societies, charities based in the area, fundraising efforts by residents, community-based initiatives and even helping people find missing pets.
We've always done that and won't be changing, in fact we'd like to do more.
However, the readership that these stories generates is often below that needed to cover the cost of producing them. Our financial resources are limited and the local media environment is intensely competitive so there is a constraint on what we can do.
We are therefore asking our readers to consider offering financial support to these efforts. Any money given will help support community and public interest news and the expansion of our coverage in this area.
A suggested monthly payment is £8 but we would be grateful for any amount for instance if you think this site offers the equivalent value of a subscription to a daily printed newspaper you may wish to consider £20 per month. If neither of these amounts is suitable for you then contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up an alternative. All payments are made through a secure web site.
One-off donations are also appreciated. Choose The Amount You Wish To Contribute.
If you do support us in this way we'd be interested to hear what kind of articles you would like to see more of on the site – send your suggestions to the editor.
For businesses we offer the chance to be a corporate sponsor of community content on the site. For £30 plus VAT per month you will be the designated sponsor of at least one article a month with your logo appearing if supplied. If there is a specific community group or initiative you'd like to support we can make sure your sponsorship is featured on related content for a one off payment of £50 plus VAT. All payments are made through a secure web site.
March 31, 2021